Digital marketing consists of digital tools that promote and market products, services, organizations and brands. We live in digital world. Covid19 expedited the need for digital in way that many business were not prepared for. Due to isolation, digital technologies moved front and center stage. Marketing should be where people are. In person purchasing and decision making is becoming a thing of the past.
Unique digital capabilities set digital marketing apart from traditional (predigital) marketing. Digital marketing consists of the following capabilities:
- Responsive (Mobile and portable on any device)
- Interactive (Actively engages target audiences)
- Data Driven (Track, analyze, adjust to demand)
- Shareable (Integrates with social platforms, email and SMS/text and other digital communications)
- Synergistic (Amplify and reinforce targeted messaging across multiple medias, platforms, and methods)